Planning a trip to The Land Down Under?
Don't spend hours on the web looking for cheap flights, deals and hotels. Use Webjet to browse holiday package deals to Australia and find the best one for your budget.
4 Advantages of Choosing a Cheap Holiday Package to Australia
- Hassle-free Experience: All you need to do is arrive at the airport. Your flights and hotel booking will be handled by professionals.
- Save Time: Instead of spending hours on travel deals and flight and hotel comparison sites, you can leave all the logistics to a trusted travel agent.
- World-class Service on a Budget: Cheap holiday package deals often include discounts you can't get anywhere else, helping you stay at the top hotels in Australia for less.
- No hidden costs: All your flights and accommodation costs will be paid before you leave on your holiday deal.
Top Things To Do in Australia
Sydney Opera House
The Sydney Opera House is one of Australia's and the world's greatest architectural icons. It often tops the sightseeing wish-list of all tourists travelling to Oz on cheap holiday deals. Inside you can dine at one of the restaurants, sign up for a tour or enjoy one of the performances. If you're looking for the best spot to snap a photo, head to the Royal Botanic Gardens or hop on board a harbour cruise for a picturesque perspective. There are a great number of other things to do in Sydney while you're there, so the Opera House will be just one of those must-sees to add to your holiday itinerary.
Great Barrier Reef Marine Park
Made up of 3,000 coral reefs, the Great Barrier Reef is one of the largest living structures on the planet. It stretches for 2,300 km along Australia's east coast and is home to more than 1,600 species of marine life. Visitors can use cheap holiday deals on Webjet to explore the many dive sites, go snorkelling through the reef or admire the underwater beauty from a glass bottom boat tour. Cairns and Port Douglas are two popular gateways for exploring the reef.
Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
Located in the middle of the Red Centre, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park is one of Australia's top attractions. It's a UNESCO World Heritage Site, home to Uluru (Ayers Rock) that rises 348 metres above the surrounding desert. Plan your trip around sunset or sunrise to watch the colours of the desert change in the shifting light or join a tour led by Aboriginal guides to learn more about its cultural significance.
Blue Mountains National Park
The Blue Mountains National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Covering more than 660, 000 acres of wilderness, the Blue Mountains boasts dramatic gorges, Aboriginal rock art and 140 km of hiking trails to explore. Some of the park's highlights you can see on holiday deals include the Three Sisters sandstone rock formations, the Katoomba Scenic Railway, and the Skyway Scenic Cableway.
Daintree National Park
Another attraction that deserves a spot on anyone travelling to Australia on cheap holiday deals is the Daintree National Park. The area's natural features hold spiritual significance to the Eastern Kuku Yalanji Aboriginal people and has one of the richest ecosystems in the world. Sign up for a wilderness safari for a chance to spot the giant Ulysses butterfly, Bennett's tree kangaroo and some of the 18,000 plant species.
What To Know Before You Go To Australia On Your Holiday Deals
- Use budget airlines to get around. Tiger Airways and Jetstar offer cheap airfare prices compared to full-service options like Qantas or Virgin Australia.
- Pack on the sunblock. The ozone layer in Australia is thin, and it doesn't take long for the rays to leave a painful sunburn. Before going out for the day, bring along a hat, sunglasses and enough sunscreen to keep your skin protected.
- The internet in Australia is slow and expensive. If you need to get online, head to the nearest McDonald's to use their WiFi for free or bring along a personal hotspot to stay connected.
- You don't need to tip in Australia. Due to a higher minimum working age, it's not necessary, and all service charges will be included in your final bill.
- Swimming between the flags at the beaches is important. Due to strong rip currents, you need to take heed of any warning signs and avoid going for a dip at an unpatrolled beach.